Viewers React To GoDaddy Super Bowl Ad: 'Disturbing,' 'Ugh!'

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Viewers React To GoDaddy Super Bowl Ad: 'Disturbing,' 'Ugh!'

Post by zboy1 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/0 ... 12676.html

GoDaddy made quite the impression during the Super Bowl. Whether that impression was good or bad, well, that's up for debate.

The veteran Super Bowl advertiser provoked strong reactions with its extreme close-up of model Bar Refaeli making out with a nerd. Some viewers reacted with disgust leading up to, and during the game.

"Audi should be pissed that its excellent kissing-themed ad was followed by the nastiest kiss in history," AdFreak tweeted. Media critic Eric Deggans wrote, "I'm not speechless. I said ugh!" in response to The Huffington Post's tweet, "You've left us speechless #GoDaddy."

GoDaddy has cultivated a tradition of airing racy ads during the Super Bowl. Last year, its ad starred women wearing revealing clothing and ended in a saucy cliffhanger, and asked viewers to watch the end of the commercial online. The company's newest ad did not win many fans among those turned off by its past commercials. Rachel Sklar tweeted, "If GoDaddy's idea of a successful commercial is making me hate them even more, then they had a successful commercial."

Later, during the power outage that struck the Superdome, James Poniewozik joked, "Guys, I don't want to panic anyone, but if the blackout lasts long enough, eventually they have to rerun that GoDaddy commercial."

Look at the uproar caused by this commercial! I didn't think it was that nasty to be honest; yeah, the guy kissing the hot chick (Bar Refaeli--hot Israeli chick) was a nerd and quite ugly, but you would think the commercial was made from the spawn of Satan, or something, judging from the harsh reaction coming from the Internet and the press. I guess it's unusual for Americans to see an ugly person kissing a beautiful women in this country. But I portend that it's not so unusual in other parts of the world. Maybe, that's why, people are freaking out over this commercial???
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

:lol: nice find, I sent it to a couple of my friends. If they managed to create some buzz then the ad was effective.

The worst part about the comments is that most women would jump on that guy's dick if he was a millionaire and most guys are just jealous.

At the end of the day, I've seen far worse specimens in bars and clubs. At least that guy doesn't have STDs.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Viewers React To GoDaddy Super Bowl Ad: 'Disturbing,' 'U

Post by Teal Lantern »

When Ameri-shrews look more like Sklar (40) than Refaeli (27), then yeah, there's going to be some sour voices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Sklar VS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_Refaeli

What happens if Betas-in-waiting decide to up their game to get one of those "Refaelis" (:)) "right freaking now" instead of waiting around years for a Sklar(:cry:) to exit the carousel and show up on Ready to settle down/tired of games/made her mistakes POF? :wink:

The ex-carouseler misses her chance at cash & prizes, that's what. Apple cart, meet upset.

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

If it were a decent looking guy with an ugly chic, less people would complain. The women of course would be perfectly fine with it. In America, it's as if an ugly guy is not allowed to have any physical action with a decent looking girl.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Re: Viewers React To GoDaddy Super Bowl Ad: 'Disturbing,' 'U

Post by expatasiaseeker »

Teal Lantern wrote:When Ameri-shrews look more like Sklar (40) than Refaeli (27), then yeah, there's going to be some sour voices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Sklar VS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_Refaeli

What happens if Betas-in-waiting decide to up their game to get one of those "Refaelis" (:)) "right freaking now" instead of waiting around years for a Sklar(:cry:) to exit the carousel and show up on Ready to settle down/tired of games/made her mistakes POF? :wink:

The ex-carouseler misses her chance at cash & prizes, that's what. Apple cart, meet upset.

Very well written comment, especially that part about POF, LOL!

That's another reason why white women HATE Asian women. Because even the nerdy guys are getting hot young Asian wives, instead of waiting around for the hot 20 year olds to reach age 30, stop acting like sluts, and be willing to "settle down". Asian women are basically taking all the "nice guy" beta male types who the white women were saving for later on, to marry once they were done with the cock carousel and to act as the beta male provider for.

Now such women are being left alone and unmarried. Imagine how much it burns white women with envy and angry, when THEY are the ones that are single and alone, and all the "losers" or "nice guys" are dating/married to hot young Asian women.

It's gotten so bad, that white women attacking Asian women has become more commonplace now. There was a recent attack in Australia, where two white women beat the shit out of a Thai woman who was living in Australia.

White women are the scum of this earth.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

The point of Advertising is to stir the minds of the viewers, cause commotion & leave a lasting impression; positive or negative.
They know their market & how americans think. Job well done. They even got you to post a thread about it here, hence more advertising lol
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

I for one will be giving Godaddy more business for sure! Way to go Godaddy!!
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

I thought this was a good commercial compared to the standard "Danica's gonna get naked!" stuff they've run the other years.

To me, this commercial says to all those hot chicks that claim they love nerds ... put your money where your mouth is beeyoch !!!
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Renata wrote:The point of Advertising is to stir the minds of the viewers, cause commotion & leave a lasting impression; positive or negative.
They know their market & how americans think. Job well done. They even got you to post a thread about it here, hence more advertising lol
I couldn't agree more :D
It was a successful marketing campaign indeed.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Jacaré wrote:I for one will be giving Godaddy more business for sure! Way to go Godaddy!!
For the moment, the guy in the commercial is getting more "business", too.

Bar Refaeli Makeout Nerd I'm a Sex Symbol Now
http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/04/bar-refae ... ex-symbol/

People like whatever the tv tells them to like. :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

f**k americans are so annoying.... i cant f***ing stand them... this reminds me of the level of obnoxious i had to put up with while living there

-unintelligent
-uninteresting
-racist
-ignorant
-suburban loving
-acultural
-trashy

f**k the us
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

marklambo wrote:If it were a decent looking guy with an ugly chic, less people would complain. The women of course would be perfectly fine with it.
+1

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/301Sl4MR ... r+film+Don