Do you think the Law in the USA is "too harsh" compared to Europe(Soulless)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Do you think the Law in the USA is "too harsh" compared to Europe(Soulless)

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Hey guys,

I know Winston has brought up the topic of American being a "Soul less" type of society. Where people live to work and their only entertainment is fast food and going to the biggest movie premiere or going mall shopping. But even all of those are going out of fashion. In fact, I would argue based on my readings that some Asian countries have "mastered" the art of doing all of these activities even more than the USA. I heard that some malls in small Asian countries could rival any American mall.

However, it got me thinking that one of the reasons why the USA as a society is "Soul less" is because of the legal system at least compared to some European countries. This topic of the legal system has been brought up before when talking with Swedes, Spaniards and Germans.

Even in the "big cities" anything small infraction will be "punished harshly." For instance, I heard the pickpockets got lengthy prison sentences. Therefore, it got rid of pick pocketing. Likewise, in America "hooliganism" doesn't really exist the same way as in Europe. Where people who are passionate about a sports team will battle a rival sports team.

I feel that American society also has this idea of "lethal violence" where the police will shoot at people if they are causing a "ruckus" this is much less common in Europe. However, I am aware that its a recent development the whole militarization of the police.

There's also this added element of "suing" people for anything that small. Like for instance, if you are displeased with your service at your fast food restaurant. This "suing" element is actually not present in the UK. For instance, in the UK you can get involve in a fist fight with strangers and you will be fine. While in the USA any physical contact can results in a lengthy lawsuit. This lack of "fist fighting" creates a less colorful type of society.

I know some of you guys will bring up Fox News and how California tends to be very lax when it comes to law enforcement. However, I've lived in California for a few years and even then it felt as boring There's not much going on over there. It's mostly people in cars. Moreover, people there tend to like to be "secluded" from other and will live in big houses and only socialize with their small friend group. Unless you were an "insider" with connections and friends you were going to have a very boring experience.

The Future is this idea of "micro-managing" everything about a society.
Based on reading the Clockwork orange and 1984 some Brits already were familiar with this ideas. In the case of American society I feel that its going one step further were you end with a spy network in the form of the internet and with "wokes" cancelling you if you say the wrong thing in public.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Do you think the Law in the USA is "too harsh" compared to Europe(Soulless)

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@ArchibaultNew

You actually brought up a valid point that America is "Too Harsh" compared to Europe.

America has too many laws and regulations. It's George Orwell's 1984 come to realization here in America.

Some examples
1) A single false rape accusation from a female without any evidence can end a men's career, social standing, and even end up in prison.
2) Any physical contact is considered assault and battery and you end up 6 months in jail or/and pay thousands of dollar fine.
3) You can sue the home owner for falling off their front stairs and win.
4) A criminal can sue the homeowner because he got hit with the bullet while trying to rob the home.
5) Any criticism of the Jews and the Holocaust will destroy your career, social standing, your net worth. See Kanye West and Mel Gibson.
6)Your employer has the right to fire you less than five minutes without telling you the reason. However, you have to give your employer two weeks notice before switching your job.
7) Your wife can initiate a no fault divorce and she gets 50% and you have to pay your and her lawyer too. If you fall behind the alimony payment, you will end up in jail.
8)Taxes, taxes, more taxes and government meddling. You have to pay sales tax, payroll tax, income tax, property tax, worldwide income tax(If your abroad as American citizen), etc.
9)P2P is illegal because Americans are prudish and as a result American men are sexually repressed.
10) The whole soldiers coming back from Iraq and joining the police force, makes you feel like your under military occupation instead of being in a community.
11) The work to live, intensely competitive corporate environment gives very little free time and benefits for the workers. They have to work until the day they die because of inflation and stagnant wages.

No wonder Americans are unhappy, robot like, and soulless...
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
April 28th, 2023, 11:15 am
Hey guys,

I know Winston has brought up the topic of American being a "Soul less" type of society. Where people live to work and their only entertainment is fast food and going to the biggest movie premiere or going mall shopping. But even all of those are going out of fashion. In fact, I would argue based on my readings that some Asian countries have "mastered" the art of doing all of these activities even more than the USA. I heard that some malls in small Asian countries could rival any American mall.
What is wrong with people going to the mall for entertainment?

Many American malls have died or are dying. My wife was unimpressed with American malls when she got here. In Jakarta, there are so many malls. Some of them have fancy granite and marble floors and walls. They can be jammed packed on the weekends, selling food at different price points. One of them has (or had?) a skating rink, and if you don't want to skate, you can go up a floor and watch. There are lower end malls with tile floors. One of them had a floor where kids could ride these mini electric go-carts around the floor. Other vendors didn't seem to mind the traffic. I think I saw two movie theaters in the city-- the old Jakarta theater, and maybe one out by Senin, that wasn't in a shopping mall. You could got to a mall, eat, skate, watch a movie, buy groceries in the basement, and you only have to park once. If you go during the week, it isn't that crowded. I went to a mall that had a roller coaster beside the food court outside of Jakarta. I suppose you could throw up your local cuisine or Popeye's chicken on the video game players down below if roller coasters make you nauseous. Another lower end malls has foot massages. One mall that is a little lower end connected to a higher end mall has lots of pirated DVDs. So people go there to buy entertainment for later.

However, it got me thinking that one of the reasons why the USA as a society is "Soul less" is because of the legal system at least compared to some European countries. This topic of the legal system has been brought up before when talking with Swedes, Spaniards and Germans.

Even in the "big cities" anything small infraction will be "punished harshly." For instance, I heard the pickpockets got lengthy prison sentences. Therefore, it got rid of pick pocketing. Likewise, in America "hooliganism" doesn't really exist the same way as in Europe. Where people who are passionate about a sports team will battle a rival sports team.

I feel that American society also has this idea of "lethal violence" where the police will shoot at people if they are causing a "ruckus" this is much less common in Europe. However, I am aware that its a recent development the whole militarization of the police.
[/quote]

The basic structure for US law comes from the UK. A couple of generations back, if two men got into a fight, it probably wouldn't go to court. But more people have gotten degrees and there was a glut of lawyers on the market, looking for cases, and our society became more litigious.

If I remember right, if you point a gun at someone and pull back the hammer, that's an assault, and if you pull the trigger, when the bullet hits, that's batter, but it depends on the state. I just looked it up and read that in the UK, the penalty for assault is 5 years in prison. I don't know if that means everyone tried would get the maximum. In the US it depends on the state. A state might have a misdemeanor domestic violence charge, and various charges for different types of assault. This is what I got from an AI chatbot or some stat's felony penalties for assault.

Arizona Up to 5 years in prison for Class 2 felony aggravated assault
California Up to 4 years in state prison for felony assault
Florida Up to 5 years in prison for aggravated assault
Georgia Up to 20 years in prison for aggravated assault
Oregon Up to 20 years in prison for first degree assault
Washington Up to life in prison for first degree assault

If you are in the state of Washington and you fire a rifle at someone, and it is not self defense, with the intent of causing serious bodily harm, you could potentially get life in prison.

They might have variations on this. If someone ties someone else down and performs surgery on them without anesthesia, with the purpose of inflicting pain, they might get the maximum charge, as opposed to pushing someone.
There's also this added element of "suing" people for anything that small. Like for instance, if you are displeased with your service at your fast food restaurant. This "suing" element is actually not present in the UK. For instance, in the UK you can get involve in a fist fight with strangers and you will be fine. While in the USA any physical contact can results in a lengthy lawsuit. This lack of "fist fighting" creates a less colorful type of society.
I would imagine most fist fights in the US, especially between young people, do not end up in civil court cases, or even criminal court cases. But there is always the possibility that it could happen. It can happen in the UK also, https://www.publicinterestlawyers.co.uk ... or-assault
I know some of you guys will bring up Fox News and how California tends to be very lax when it comes to law enforcement. However, I've lived in California for a few years and even then it felt as boring There's not much going on over there. It's mostly people in cars. Moreover, people there tend to like to be "secluded" from other and will live in big houses and only socialize with their small friend group. Unless you were an "insider" with connections and friends you were going to have a very boring experience.
I am curious how this connects to the issue of harsh enforcement. Is this about 'soullessness'. Police could be lax or harsh in a socially disconnected society.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

MrMan wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 9:06 am
ArchibaultNew wrote:
Hey guys,

What is wrong with people going to the mall for entertainment?

Many American malls have died or are dying. My wife was unimpressed with American malls when she got here. In Jakarta, there are so many malls. Some of them have fancy granite and marble floors and walls. They can be jammed packed on the weekends, selling food at different price points. One of them has (or had?) a skating rink, and if you don't want to skate, you can go up a floor and watch. There are lower end malls with tile floors. One of them had a floor where kids could ride these mini electric go-carts around the floor. Other vendors didn't seem to mind the traffic. I think I saw two movie theaters in the city-- the old Jakarta theater, and maybe one out by Senin, that wasn't in a shopping mall. You could got to a mall, eat, skate, watch a movie, buy groceries in the basement, and you only have to park once. If you go during the week, it isn't that crowded. I went to a mall that had a roller coaster beside the food court outside of Jakarta. I suppose you could throw up your local cuisine or Popeye's chicken on the video game players down below if roller coasters make you nauseous. Another lower end malls has foot massages. One mall that is a little lower end connected to a higher end mall has lots of pirated DVDs. So people go there to buy entertainment for later.

The basic structure for US law comes from the UK. A couple of generations back, if two men got into a fight, it probably wouldn't go to court. But more people have gotten degrees and there was a glut of lawyers on the market, looking for cases, and our society became more litigious.

If I remember right, if you point a gun at someone and pull back the hammer, that's an assault, and if you pull the trigger, when the bullet hits, that's batter, but it depends on the state. I just looked it up and read that in the UK, the penalty for assault is 5 years in prison. I don't know if that means everyone tried would get the maximum. In the US it depends on the state. A state might have a misdemeanor domestic violence charge, and various charges for different types of assault. This is what I got from an AI chatbot or some stat's felony penalties for assault.

Arizona Up to 5 years in prison for Class 2 felony aggravated assault
California Up to 4 years in state prison for felony assault
Florida Up to 5 years in prison for aggravated assault
Georgia Up to 20 years in prison for aggravated assault
Oregon Up to 20 years in prison for first degree assault
Washington Up to life in prison for first degree assault

If you are in the state of Washington and you fire a rifle at someone, and it is not self defense, with the intent of causing serious bodily harm, you could potentially get life in prison.

They might have variations on this. If someone ties someone else down and performs surgery on them without anesthesia, with the purpose of inflicting pain, they might get the maximum charge, as opposed to pushing someone.
I would imagine most fist fights in the US, especially between young people, do not end up in civil court cases, or even criminal court cases. But there is always the possibility that it could happen. It can happen in the UK also, https://www.publicinterestlawyers.co.uk ... or-assault
I am curious how this connects to the issue of harsh enforcement. Is this about 'soullessness'. Police could be lax or harsh in a socially disconnected society.
[/quote]

Not all malls in America are dying, maybe some but I believe America itself is just falling further into third world status with everything disappearing. If Kmart is global and exist and is thriving in other countries but failed here in America, something says that it's only America that's losing a lot of stuff lately. And the painful thing about it people don't even give a shit how bad it's getting. I think people want the U.S. to be third world to where it's as bad as how it is in countries where people don't even have clean water to drink. I don't know I'm sick of this place being so damn boring. It's hard as hell to have fun here anymore. I'm sick of being around people that don't give a shit about their countries being ruined or destroyed by shit people. In the 90s I was enjoying life too much to notice anything wrong with the country. Fast forward to the middle half of the 21st century and you easily notice how bad everything is.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

So not letting people have fist fights makes us soulless? Wtf @ArchibaultNew?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The law needs to be harsh to blackmail people into taking a plea, which is in turn necessary because of all the crimes committed by blacks. If you want a civilized system you need to get rid of blacks as well as getting the Jews out of power.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Outcast9428 wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 9:52 am
So not letting people have fist fights makes us soulless?
Yes. In a normal society it is accepted that people run their own lives and the only criminal matters are major breaches of the social contract. The idea that laws should be universally applied to the letter is a soulless communist/Satanic notion.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
Hey guys,

Based on reading the Clockwork orange and 1984 some Brits already were familiar with this ideas. In the case of American society I feel that its going one step further were you end with a spy network in the form of the internet and with "wokes" cancelling you if you say the wrong thing in public.
People are getting arrested and thrown in prison all over the USA for making friends! They are being charged with what the USA calls "statutory stalking" which is a capital felony, punishable by 300 years to life in prison and/or the death penalty for all involved, use of deadly force authorized. In the USA, practically everything is a capital felony, punishable by execution. As for "suing," before you know it, posting a review that is politically incorrect will be grounds for public execution right at the place that you reviewed. The USA has already become a prototype sockpuppet of North Korea.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Sooner or Later YOU become the "Victim" of the American Legal System.

Guys, thanks for your thoughtful responses. I'd like to add that I feel American Society out of many other societies lack the concept of "Measured Law" where the punishment fits the offense. I've seen this type of law in Spain. As well as the concept of "Rational Law" where considerations are made based on the individuals as opposed to the established rules. I have seen this in Quebec. For instance, courts will question the whole "alimony." Obviously if someone is a middle class person they can't pay thousands of dollars a month alimony.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Cornfed wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 10:01 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
Yes. In a normal society it is accepted that people run their own lives and the only criminal matters are major breaches of the social contract. The idea that laws should be universally applied to the letter is a soulless communist/Satanic notion.
Well battery is very clearly a breach of the social contract and should be prosecuted.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Outcast9428 wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 3:12 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Outcast9428 wrote:
Well battery is very clearly a breach of the social contract and should be prosecuted.
Being a Satanist, you don't get it, or do get it but disapprove. Broadly speaking, some violence in various circumstances is normal and in a normal society you are expected to navigate this normal violence for yourself. For example, various instances of what would otherwise be considered misdemeanor assault happen during the average rugby game. This is accepted in that context and if people don't like it they are free to not play rugby. If someone pulls out an uzi and starts blasting away during a rugby match, this on the other hand is outside that context, and so the laws are applied.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Cornfed wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 3:55 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 3:12 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Outcast9428 wrote:
Being a Satanist, you don't get it, or do get it but disapprove. Broadly speaking, some violence in various circumstances is normal and in a normal society you are expected to navigate this normal violence for yourself. For example, various instances of what would otherwise be considered misdemeanor assault happen during the average rugby game. This is accepted in that context and if people don't like it they are free to not play rugby. If someone pulls out an uzi and starts blasting away during a rugby match, this on the other hand is outside that context, and so the laws are applied.
I don't take anything you say seriously because your understanding of Christianity is extremely warped and twisted. Violence in very rare instances is necessary like if somebody breaks into your home and starts attacking your family or in "Just War" scenarios as outlined by the Catholic Church. Violence because you lost a rugby game is incredibly stupid, and would obviously fall under the sin of wrath.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Mercury wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 10:24 am
ArchibaultNew wrote:
Hey guys,

People are getting arrested and thrown in prison all over the USA for making friends! They are being charged with what the USA calls "statutory stalking" which is a capital felony, punishable by 300 years to life in prison and/or the death penalty for all involved, use of deadly force authorized. In the USA, practically everything is a capital felony, punishable by execution. As for "suing," before you know it, posting a review that is politically incorrect will be grounds for public execution right at the place that you reviewed. The USA has already become a prototype sockpuppet of North Korea.
How are you still alive? Why haven't the executed you yet if this is the case?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Outcast9428 wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 9:08 pm
I don't take anything you say seriously because your understanding of Christianity is extremely warped and twisted. Violence in very rare instances is necessary like if somebody breaks into your home and starts attacking your family or in "Just War" scenarios as outlined by the Catholic Church. Violence because you lost a rugby game is incredibly stupid, and would obviously fall under the sin of wrath.
Everything you say confirms you are a Satanist hostile to normal human society, as well as being just plain silly.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Cornfed wrote:
April 30th, 2023, 5:15 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
April 29th, 2023, 9:08 pm
Everything you say confirms you are a Satanist hostile to normal human society, as well as being just plain silly.
There’s nothing silly about pointing out a man who’s doctrines and philosophy is almost antithetical to Christian values yet not only claims to be Christian but even goes so far as to accuse actual Christians of following their religion falsely. I look forward to seeing what other forms of degeneracy you will advocate and attempt to pass off as Christian doctrine.