Did Jesus Christ Exist as a historical person? If so, who was he?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Did Jesus Christ Exist? Questioning his historicity.

Post by Adama »

There is a Creator. People just figure life comes from nothingness. All live derives directly from Christ . He is the breath of life. Christ is the Creator. He is the one that gives strength that allows a person to move. He is the one who gives them breath and air to breathe. He is the source of light all around them. He is the one that has given us water to drink to refresh ourselves. He is the source of peace and mercy. He is the one who gives all good gifts. Whoever denies Him, losses out on all these basic things which we take for granted. Because to live without Him, as unbelievers demand, it means that they will truly live without all His gifts: breathable air, water to drink, light to see, strength to move, life and a living body without maggots living inside of it, peace and rest without torments for our sins.

So instead of pretending like He doesn't exist, it would be much better to rather honor Him. Because He is God.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Adama wrote:There is a Creator. People just figure life comes from nothingness. All live derives directly from Christ . He is the breath of life. Christ is the Creator. He is the one that gives strength that allows a person to move. He is the one who gives them breath and air to breathe. He is the source of light all around them. He is the one that has given us water to drink to refresh ourselves. He is the source of peace and mercy. He is the one who gives all good gifts. Whoever denies Him, losses out on all these basic things which we take for granted. Because to live without Him, as unbelievers demand, it means that they will truly live without all His gifts: breathable air, water to drink, light to see, strength to move, life and a living body without maggots living inside of it, peace and rest without torments for our sins.

So instead of pretending like He doesn't exist, it would be much better to rather honor Him. Because He is God.
It does not sound like you ever studied science, at all. In fact, the above reads like that of either a simpleton or that of a child.

It is time to grow up and see those Christian fairy tales for what they are, mere tales!"
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Adama wrote:There is a Creator. People just figure life comes from nothingness. All live derives directly from Christ . He is the breath of life. Christ is the Creator. He is the one that gives strength that allows a person to move. He is the one who gives them breath and air to breathe. He is the source of light all around them. He is the one that has given us water to drink to refresh ourselves. He is the source of peace and mercy. He is the one who gives all good gifts. Whoever denies Him, losses out on all these basic things which we take for granted. Because to live without Him, as unbelievers demand, it means that they will truly live without all His gifts: breathable air, water to drink, light to see, strength to move, life and a living body without maggots living inside of it, peace and rest without torments for our sins.

It does not sound like you ever studied science, at all. In fact, the above reads like that of either a simpleton or that of a child.

It is time to grow up and see those Christian fairy tales for what they are, mere tales!"
I guess not everyone is entitled to an opinion. People like you demand that I shut up. I am merely voicing myself. Yet you object.

Not that I really care, just pointing out that many people don't truly value freedoms and rights for people who disagree with them.

And that's fine too, if you disagree. You aren't forced to agree with me. Neither are you forced to read what I write. But it doesn't make sense to try to disallow me a voice, because everyone is entitled to a voice.

As for your insults, your opinion of me is irrelevant. Nobody should be speaking insults anyway. That's setting your tongue on fire from hell. I'd be careful doing that. Besides, there's only one person's opinion that I really need to concern myself with. Your opposition is not important to me, other than for a good case study in psychology.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Adama wrote: When such a person finally dies, and then falls into the blackness of absolutely darkness, with blistering heat, and after the tormentor beasts have torn such a person in pieces several times, then they'll wish they could go back and try again. But their destruction will continue forever. And there will be no rescue or escape. Such a person will not be boasting then.
Adama, you should know that such talk does not affect anyone not brainwashed by Christian orthodoxy. I would go much further to say that when Christians spew this nonsense at CHILDREN, it is confirmation that it is an evil and manipulative force to control people.

I would encourage you to examine why you, as a grown man, still believe this filth? Did your parents indoctrinate you with this, or did Sunday School teachers do it?

Whatever the case, it fails the test of reason. Most people, living and dead, are not Christians. So I guess the "fiery pitchforks of hell" have pricked 99% of people who have ever lived.

You are being superstitious and creepy even. Keep your religious fairy tales to yourself if you have nothing but juvenile scare tactics to make your case.
This is like the 3rd or 4th time Adama got called out on his myopia. No wonder he does as coon does as to what's expected that a coon does; you have to love my vitriol of fragmented sentences.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

The mighty are gather together against me. Not for my transgression, nor my sin, O'Lord.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote: As for your insults, your opinion of me is irrelevant. Nobody should be speaking insults anyway. That's setting your tongue on fire from hell. I'd be careful doing that. Besides, there's only one person's opinion that I really need to concern myself with. Your opposition is not important to me, other than for a good case study in psychology.
I think your smug, self-righteousness is a sin against all good people who are smart enough to reject the lies you represent as somehow "godly."

For that, you'll surely burn in eternal hell under the excruciating torment of vicious demons who chomp at your flesh for your sins against decency and truth.

Those who parade around as godly are often Satan's associates in disguise. That would be you ADAMNa, yes ADAMNa is the spelling of your name more befitting because you are damned to hell as an manipulative heretic and a liar.

Do you have kids and are you telling them such lies too?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Adama wrote: As for your insults, your opinion of me is irrelevant. Nobody should be speaking insults anyway. That's setting your tongue on fire from hell. I'd be careful doing that. Besides, there's only one person's opinion that I really need to concern myself with. Your opposition is not important to me, other than for a good case study in psychology.
I think your smug, self-righteousness is a sin against all good people who are smart enough to reject the lies you represent as somehow "godly."

For that, you'll surely burn in eternal hell under the excruciating torment of vicious demons who chomp at your flesh for your sins against decency and truth.

Those who parade around as godly are often Satan's associates in disguise. That would be you ADAMNa, yes ADAMNa is the spelling of your name more befitting because you are damned to hell as an manipulative heretic and a liar.

This one almost made me laugh. You're getting closer to my funny bone.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote: I think your smug, self-righteousness is a sin against all good people who are smart enough to reject the lies you represent as somehow "godly."

This one almost made me laugh. You're getting closer to my funny bone.[/quote]

Abusing innocent children is "funny?" Really? Is this the true indication of how HOLY and GODLIKE you are?

But I guess to you, up is down and down is up when you are a "true Christian" and therefore scaring kids with hell stories is good for them in the end, right?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Just like the feminist countries of the world, some people use the welfare of children as a cover for their agenda. In this case, this person has an anti-God agenda. They give birth to iniquity and do their best to bring shame and reproach onto other people.

Somehow in their minds they've decided that other people in their presence are going to follow their rules: You're not allowed to speak about God in my presence. If you do, I will bring shame to your name and try my best to destroy you by using my tongue as a weapon of war. (It never occurs to them they could simply hold their peace.)

What they don't know is, them limiting what someone can say and then punishing someone for it (for transgressing their commandments not to speak about God), are works of iniquity, which means they're doing evil. They've decided they are God and are going to tell you that you better not speak about topics they deem evil.

A wise person would cease from anger and chase after peace. Because if a person wants to live in peace, they must live peaceably with others around them. Because if a person pursues after causing sorrows and searching out non-faults in others to bring up slander and shame, God is going to repay them.

I would suggest that each person humbles himself and allow others to speak as they like.

There is no reason to seek out this action which is being undertaken. Seek and chase after peace, because peace is life.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote:Just like the feminist countries of the world, some people use the welfare of children as a cover for their agenda. In this case, this person has an anti-God agenda. They give birth to iniquity and do their best to bring shame and reproach onto other people.

Somehow in their minds they've decided that other people in their presence are going to follow their rules: You're not allowed to speak about God in my presence. If you do, I will bring shame to your name and try my best to destroy you by using my tongue as a weapon of war. (It never occurs to them they could simply hold their peace.)

What they don't know is, them limiting what someone can say and then punishing someone for it (for transgressing their commandments not to speak about God), are works of iniquity, which means they're doing evil. They've decided they are God and are going to tell you that you better not speak about topics they deem evil.

A wise person would cease from anger and chase after peace. Because if a person wants to live in peace, they must live peaceably with others around them. Because if a person pursues after causing sorrows and searching out non-faults in others to bring up slander and shame, God is going to repay them.

I would suggest that each person humbles himself and allow others to speak as they like.

There is no reason to seek out this action which is being undertaken. Seek and chase after peace, because peace is life.
So your "True Christianity" cult is above all intellectual challenge simply because you say god says so. Ooookkkkk.....
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Richard Carrier has a Ph.D. in the history of philosophy from Columbia University, and is a published philosopher and historian, specializing in contemporary philosophy of naturalism, and in Greco-Roman philosophy, science, and religion, and the origins of Christianity.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYRoYl7i6U[/youtube]
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrPeabody wrote:Richard Carrier has a Ph.D. in the history of philosophy from Columbia University, and is a published philosopher and historian, specializing in contemporary philosophy of naturalism, and in Greco-Roman philosophy, science, and religion, and the origins of Christianity.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYRoYl7i6U[/youtube]
Those who have been duped from childhood will be unmoved by refutations of "The Jesus Myth." The smart ones among them might be driven to madness or suicide, the unintelligent ones will simply parrot what they've been programmed to repeat as if the evidence of refutation does not even exist (Adama and MrMan to a lessor extent).

I go a step further. It is one thing to falsely claim that Jesus actually existed, it is quite another to view this mythical figure as your deity or "god." I literally have more respect for those who worship totem poles or nature because there is actually a tangible focus there. Believing that the mythical Jesus is god is no better than believing in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny.

This is an example of the damage that religious faith can inflict on human reason and intellect.

A mind is a terrible thing to brainwash with religious mythology.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

If Christ is not real, for believing in Him, I have lost nothing.

Unfortunately for unbelievers, Christ doesn't reveal Himself usually until after the person believes in Him. After a person believes in Christ, He may reveal Himself and the person will recognize the truth. Unbelievers will continue in wilful ignorance of His existence, which is what condemns them: the fact they refuse to acknowledge Him as the Son of God.

And why don't they want to believe in Him? Because their deeds are evil: wickedness and adultery. They love working psychological (spiritual, emotional) evil against others (deception, insults, slander, sowing discord and all kinds of frowardness), and they love intercourse with divorced women, married women, and engaged women. They won't go into the light because the light reproves them of their evil deeds, and they love evil more than righteousness. Evil is their glory. Therefore they cling to it as if it were life, but God is life.

So because those people who want to cling to evil hate God and want to wish Him out of existence, when they finally die, they will die forever (contrasted with life forever in His presence) without His goodness: without good air (contrasted with soot, sulfur and the smell of death), without water (athirst forever), without light (contrasted with black darkness forever), without life (contrasted with maggots will eat their rotting flesh), and without peace (contrasted with torments forever).

But it is only for people who refuse to accept Christ's sacrifice to pay for all the sins of those who simply believe in Him. All they have to do is believe in Him, believing in Him is accepting Christ's sacrifice as payment for all their sins. Salvation is by faith, not works. Obedience of commandments is not salvation. Faith in Christ is salvation from eternal death.

Somehow many people think "science" brought life to them, or simple biology. They never consider there is a Creator, and if there is one, it certainly can't be Christ for them.

The soul is eternal. It goes on, either within God's grace or without His goodness.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote: Those who have been duped from childhood will be unmoved by refutations of "The Jesus Myth." The smart ones among them might be driven to madness or suicide, the unintelligent ones will simply parrot what they've been programmed to repeat as if the evidence of refutation does not even exist (Adama and MrMan to a lessor extent).

Actually I find it quite interesting that in your view, the dumb are the ones who choose the path to life and the smart ones are the ones who choose death by taking their own lives.

And it is also interesting that you have chosen me as the fool who has taken the path to life by choosing to believe in Christ. While you yourself are wise in your own eyes, by choosing not to believe in Christ.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote: Those who have been duped from childhood will be unmoved by refutations of "The Jesus Myth." The smart ones among them might be driven to madness or suicide, the unintelligent ones will simply parrot what they've been programmed to repeat as if the evidence of refutation does not even exist (Adama and MrMan to a lessor extent).

Actually I find it quite interesting that in your view, the dumb are the ones who choose the path to life and the smart ones are the ones who choose death by taking their own lives.

And it is also interesting that you have chosen me as the fool who has taken the path to life by choosing to believe in Christ. While you yourself are wise in your own eyes, by choosing not to believe in Christ.
What is your proof that 1) Jesus even existed, and 2) Jesus is "god?"

And it is not enough to simply say Mommy and Daddy and the bible said so. That is not proof.