As% Kissing Amercians

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

As% Kissing Amercians

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Not sure if this bugs any of you guys but I just can't stand it when a sales person, random stranger, or any place of business tells me to:

"Have a great weekend!"

"Enjoy your stay!"

"Enjoy your meal!"

"Enjoy your holiday!"

"Happy Holidays!"

Oh my god, it's unbelievably nauseating, fake, phony, and it's ALL BULL***T!

For example, I will be at a checkout stand and as I get my change and walk away the cashier will give me my change and then stay, "have a great weekend!" if it's Friday or Sat. WHY!?

What the hell is a, "great" weekend anyway?!! And why should I be entitled to a "great" weekend?? Who cares?! Furthermore, I know the person who told me to, "have a great weekend" does not care because they will never be around to ensure that I have a "great" weekend anyway.

For example, lets say it's a hot chick that tells me to "have a great weekend," will she be around for me on a Sat night to give me a BJ to ensure my weekend is "great"? Hell no, so why is she even telling me to have a "great weekend" in the first place?!!

And another time I was enjoying my lunch alone in the park looking at some ducks swim and some fat ameriskank starts bothering me and the ducks by taking silly pictures with a camera (The silly B***h could not ENJOY THE TRANQUIL MOMENT as she was too busy trying to take pictures that she could then used boost her ego on Facebook or something). Anyhow, after disturbing the peace the fat amerisank then turns to me and says "enjoy your meal" before she left.. I almost lost it!

Of course I'm going to ENJOY my meal! Why would I not!!? I CHOSE IT OFF THE MENU AND IT"S WHY I CHOSE TO EAT AT THE PARK YOU IDIOT!!!

This country is chock full of professional A$$ kissers from the politicians all the way down to the sales clerk. Corporate America has infiltrated all aspects of American society to the point where nothing is real/genuine anymore. People can't even talk to you like a human anymore, we are a customer instead of, say, "David" or phrases like "have a great weekend" is the standard phrase to be used because nobody knows anybody intimately anymore so it's corporate Americas way to leave a transaction on a high note. It's still stupid though, what if a relative just died in my family, and I'm now told to "have a great weekend!" unknowing to the sales clerk what they just said is inappropriate. They should just be HONEST and say, "Thanks for the BUSINESS", and that's it. Don't F***n try and butter me up for the next sale, or make it seem like you care more then you really do.

Anyhow, my post reminds me of why when callers call Tom Leykis, he says,"do you really care" when they ask him how is he doing. Tom is just pointing out how fake people are and how many people say things they don't mean.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Hehe, well, you clearly would be happier abroad!

I'd almost forgotten about all that American BS.

I went to a cafe today in Hungary and the waitress did nothing but say "hi" when I arrived, took my order, brought my coffee, told me what my bill was, and then said "bye" when I left--that was it! No BS!
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

In most of America if a stranger starts chatting with you they either 1) are trying to sell you something, or 2) are trying to convert you to something.

The only exceptions I've found are in the Appalachian hill country and parts of the deep South, where people are just genuinely old-fashioned.