Just got back from Canada.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Just got back from Canada.

Post by zacb »

I decided to go to Algonquin Park near Kearny, Ont. for the second time. What I noticed was that it seemed that Canadians were much more friendly than Americans. Maybe just me.

But for instance, when we went through on the Canadian side, we had a problem with someone birth certificate. No problem. The border agent even joked around a little bit with the driver. When we came back, it took several minute, and after when we pulled away, the guard on the American side looked like the grim reaper. dk. Kind of interesting though. Most of the towns we went through were small towns, but we also stopped in Huntsville, Sudburry, and in North Bay. In Huntsville, a lady was giving out free samples at Wal-mart, and she then offered my friend the rest of the back. again I don't want to jump all over anything, but it just seems like they as a whole were rather nice.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I'm glad you started this thread. I was in Canada 2 weeks ago, just before flying over here to Africa.
I spend a few days in Montreal and Quebec City.

Montreal is very diverse (for better or worse) and English is just as common as French. The women are more attractive and friendly than American women, yet it still seemed a bit too culturally close to suit me.

Quebec City is another story. It is French all the way, but you can get by only on English if you learn to say bonjour before each interaction. It is not very diverse and the locals call it boring, but I liked it for what it was worth. The girls in the clubs were surprised that I am American and they introduced me to their other friends who were surprised also. Apparantly, most Americans do not venture that far north. I will return for sure.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

I studied abroad for three months in Ontario. I have to make a post about Canada it in the future. I may post pictures of places I have been. Canadian women look slightly better than American women overall. I will post the pros and cons, and the highlights of my stay.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Just got back from Canada.

Post by zboy1 »

zacb wrote:I decided to go to Algonquin Park near Kearny, Ont. for the second time. What I noticed was that it seemed that Canadians were much more friendly than Americans. Maybe just me.

But for instance, when we went through on the Canadian side, we had a problem with someone birth certificate. No problem. The border agent even joked around a little bit with the driver. When we came back, it took several minute, and after when we pulled away, the guard on the American side looked like the grim reaper. dk. Kind of interesting though. Most of the towns we went through were small towns, but we also stopped in Huntsville, Sudburry, and in North Bay. In Huntsville, a lady was giving out free samples at Wal-mart, and she then offered my friend the rest of the back. again I don't want to jump all over anything, but it just seems like they as a whole were rather nice.
I visited Canada in 2008. I traveled to Quebec, Montreal, and Ottawa. I liked the overall atmosphere of the country--and I would describe it as 'America without the B.S.' When I tasted the food at restaurants over there--especially the meat--I noticed the meat tended to be fresher and without all the chemicals unlike the United States. I also noticed that the Canadian people tended to be a lot calmer than Americans in general and somewhat more friendlier. One thing I did notice is that there is somewhat of a racial situation in Canada--especially in the cities, but much less so than the United States.

If I had to choose between the U.S. and Canada, I would choose Canada hands down! My only problem with Canada is that the cultural situation is way too similar to American culture, which leads to the same kinds of social problems you have in the States, i.e., materialism, gold-digging, social isolation, feminism...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Canada & US - The Difference
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3JMSTPS ... re=related[/youtube]