I'm back in America after 6 years living abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

I'm back in America after 6 years living abroad

Post by kangarunner »

I left the country in 2016 and lived abroad in Colombia, Panama, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Japan. I've also been to Singapore, Korea, and Malaysia. In almost every country I went to, I would rather live and work there than America. It was truly amazing and met tons of great people and changed my life for the better and made me a better person.

I'm back to the country and everyone looks and acts like a goddamn robot here. It's exactly what I thought it would be like.... Just one big Matrix simulation.

There is zero social cohesion.

Unless you're in big cities such as NYC, you can't walk anywhere and see and talk to hundreds of people every day like you can in other countries.

Everything in America is spread out which causes many people to be socially isolated. Who wants to spend the majority of their lives in their vehicles and their homes and be isolated from everyone else...

Everything in America is about consumerism.

Everything is overpriced. Everything is a scam. Every business wants to scam you and put on a fake smile when they do it.

No one looks happy or cheerful. Everyone looks like they're a robot in a simulation.

Just as I thought, I get back and the majority of the women are all fat. If they're not fat, they got other issues.

The main problem I have with America is the rat race and that every single aspect of life is about money.

Sure, there are many places (Utah, Colorado, California) and national parks I'd love to visit in America, but as far as living here, I have no idea why anyone would want to live here long term other than a financial incentive to work in the country.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I'm back in America after 6 years living abroad

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 2:14 pm
I left the country in 2016 and lived abroad in Colombia, Panama, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Japan. I've also been to Singapore, Korea, and Malaysia. In almost every country I went to, I would rather live and work there than America. It was truly amazing and met tons of great people and changed my life for the better and made me a better person.

I'm back to the country and everyone looks and acts like a goddamn robot here. It's exactly what I thought it would be like.... Just one big Matrix simulation.

Unless you're in big cities such as NYC, you can't walk anywhere and see and talk to hundreds of people every day like you can in other countries.

Everything in America is spread out which causes many people to be socially isolated. Who wants to spend the majority of their lives in their vehicles and their homes and be isolated from everyone else...

Everything is overpriced. Everything is a scam. Every business wants to scam you and put on a fake smile when they do it.

No one looks happy or cheerful. Everyone looks like they're a robot in a simulation.

Just as I thought, I get back and the majority of the women are all fat. If they're not fat, they got other issues.

The main problem I have with America is the rat race and that every single aspect of life is about money.

Sure, there are many places (Utah, Colorado, California) and national parks I'd love to visit in America, but as far as living here, I have no idea why anyone would want to live here long term other than a financial incentive to work in the country.
You were posting earlier about the lack of common culture between states or regions. Can you generalize the whole country this way? What part of the country did you 'sample' this culture from? Have you tried small towns in the midwest or the south? Did you go to the Pacific Northwest or the Northeast. There apparently are differences on how friendly people are. I know I could still strike up conversations with strangers in the South in recent times in 2022.

As far as women being fat, I don't know about regions that are exceptions to that. :) Some young women aren't, but there might be a lot more chunky ones than in the past. And people tend to be spread out in the rural areas like you complained about.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Welcome back! Isn't it great being back in America, where the women are all attractive and in shape and everybody is friendly and sociable! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Joe_
Freshman Poster

Post by Joe_ »

Last edited by Joe_ on April 6th, 2022, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

Joe_ wrote:
March 25th, 2022, 7:25 pm
I just went out for a mile run on the bike path, and a car full of ethnically diverse youths felt the need to slow down their car and shout profanities at me for absolutely no reason. That's the kind of country we live in here in the USA. That would never have happened in a hundred years in Japan. When I lived in Japan, people would dim their headlights near the bike path or when people were crossing the street. It's a totally different world overseas.
I’ve had a few similar things happen when I was in the U.S. You can even try to live like a hermit, and there’ll still be some douchebags in America trying to get in your business. Do you think you’ll try to get back to Japan or some other Asian country?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

kangarunner wrote:

Why did you come back?

There must be a reason why you left those other countries and did not relocate outside of the USA.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Yohan wrote:
March 25th, 2022, 9:54 pm
kangarunner wrote:

Why did you come back?

There must be a reason why you left those other countries and did not relocate outside of the USA.
It's not easy for Americans to permanently emigrate from America unless they have dual citizenship or are able to qualify for residency permits.

I personally am never going back to the United States. The United States is only "mostly tolerable" or mostly decent if someone is rich. I say "mostly" because it's isolated, doesn't have a cohesive culture or society, and it lacks human connections.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Joe_
Freshman Poster

Post by Joe_ »

Last edited by Joe_ on April 6th, 2022, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Joe_ wrote:
March 26th, 2022, 4:36 am
I'm going to retire somewhere in Asia after 65. America will be a total hellhole in another 25 years.
If you are financially secure, to relocate outside of USA and also some other countries like UK makes a lot of sense.

You just get more for your money, enjoy often nicer people around you, and it depends where you come from and where you go, also better climate, less criminality, better food, cheaper medical treatment etc.

However always consider an escape route if something is going wrong so you can go back quickly to your own country, and never transfer all your money to your new country of choice. (You see what happens now in Russia/Ukraine).

I moved more than 40 years ago from Europe to Asia and never came back.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

kangarunner wrote:

Well, welcome back! Uncle Sam knew you'd be be back eventually to suck his cock, just begging for some more of that pimp money.
Well you've identified the reason: best place in the world to make money.

I agree with basically everything you stated.

I disagree with you saying every place/person is scamming you.

Bro, you say you've lived in Colombia?! Latin America is one of the worst place on earth for scams. At least in the USA people and businesses are primarily motivated to provide a better product or service than the competition. In Latin America, everyone is just trying to figure out how to take advantage of you and get away with it.

I had this same argument with someone from California. They complained about how there's a "fake" customer service attitude in the USA. I said, "well at least there is customer service."
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

MrMan wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 2:35 pm
kangarunner wrote:

You were posting earlier about the lack of common culture between states or regions. Can you generalize the whole country this way? What part of the country did you 'sample' this culture from? Have you tried small towns in the midwest or the south? Did you go to the Pacific Northwest or the Northeast. There apparently are differences on how friendly people are. I know I could still strike up conversations with strangers in the South in recent times in 2022.

As far as women being fat, I don't know about regions that are exceptions to that. :) Some young women aren't, but there might be a lot more chunky ones than in the past. And people tend to be spread out in the rural areas like you complained about.
Yes! People in the USA are friendly. Lots of people like to make comments and strike up conversation in public places.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Yohan wrote:
March 26th, 2022, 9:34 am
Joe_ wrote:
I'm going to retire somewhere in Asia after 65. America will be a total hellhole in another 25 years.
If you are financially secure, to relocate outside of USA and also some other countries like UK makes a lot of sense.

You just get more for your money, enjoy often nicer people around you, and it depends where you come from and where you go, also better climate, less criminality, better food, cheaper medical treatment etc.

However always consider an escape route if something is going wrong so you can go back quickly to your own country, and never transfer all your money to your new country of choice. (You see what happens now in Russia/Ukraine).

I moved more than 40 years ago from Europe to Asia and never came back.
Man 40 years without turning back. :o
That's some boss-level Happier Abroad stuff right there.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Mercer wrote:
March 26th, 2022, 11:23 am
Joe_ wrote:
Many parts of the U.S. are basically already there. Many inner cities in the U.S. are more dangerous than third world cities. Small towns and rural areas have huge problems with drug addicts. Entire cities are filled with homeless people, drug addicts, and crime everywhere with abandoned buildings and businesses because those are literally no go zones for safety. People in general are extremely nasty and mental illness is increasing because of the isolation and horrible rat race work and superficial culture. Even many suburbs are becoming very ghetto. Thanks to section 8 housing many suburbs that were nice not too long ago are now basically the same as inner city slums. Everything is superficial and fake. Basically no one cares about each other, socializes, or even interacts normally anymore. Thanks to woke culture we also now have a generation of brainwashed NPCs and freedom of speech is basically censored from all internet platforms other than obscure forums like this. Not to mention it's getting progressively worse every year. If anyone lives in another country don't believe the lies about the U.S. It's not the country you think it is from Hollywood movies. Unless you're part of the rich and powerful elite it is a depressing and stressful place to live.
Maybe you should check out all the better countries abroad:

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Mercer wrote:
March 30th, 2022, 7:57 pm
The U.S.A. has plenty of dangerous slums too:
You're right (nice pics of American slums by the way), and also: Some of the developing countries with comparatively rough villages or a lot of shanty towns are full of happier friendlier and healthier people (not as widely hooked on drugs, poisoned food additives, "meds," degenerate culture, etc) and actually have potential to be on the way up as their economies develop over time, rather than having nowhere foreseeable to go but further down the spiral like in the American slums.
I'm not saying there are no happy and friendly people in the USSA either, because there still are in some places depending on the area. But the woke agenda pushed by the political elite (which is literally even cancelling literacy and math requirements in some places lately) pretty much dooms generations of impoverished Americans to have no real avenues to pursue but be manipulated into various internal conflicts, or wait for theoretic UBI. (Or if I'm wrong and there's some unexpected positive change on the horizon that's great, but pretty sure it's all just false promises from elites manipulating impoverished masses into bolshevik enslavement at this point.)
Anyway, you naturally can't just pick a random developing country and expect it to be nicer, obviously, but some of the African countries I've been looking into have promise, still have healthier family structures, still have a sense of actual cultural identity, etc. There's tons of better countries than the US in East Asia and Southeast Asia, the Caribbean, and at least a few in Latin America, even though some of them (or parts of them) have disaster areas.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

The people are selfish and nasty in this country.