The Great Reset Has Begun: Seattle

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Great Reset Has Begun: Seattle

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

hypermak wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 12:26 am
So the fact I am abroad and far from my family means I have no right to be worried about them? Really? :D
You care more about your locals skanky prostitutes than you do your family. Action speaks louder than words. When Corona starts culling the elderly again in a few months, I am sure you'll choose to stay right where you are with your prostitute friends. So spare us the lie about you really caring about your family members. YOU DON'T.
hypermak wrote: The only reason I am not with them now is because there are no flights back and my normal work will resume exactly tomorrow, when most establishments in Manila will reopen at 50% capacity.
Is that your laughable rationalization? PLEASE! That means you did not try hard enough. How about arranging for a private flight? Oh, Mr. Future 5 Franchises can't afford the cost of such travel arrangements. Imagine that! When you are my age, you'll be more broke than you are now.
hypermak wrote: You have always been a paper pusher for the US government, I sincerely doubt you could find employment in a post-collapse world, same way you couldn't find a job right now, even if you cried and begged for it. Just more puffs of smelly, hot air...
Both the General Manager and the CEO of your hotel chain are paper pushers too. It's a luxury that high-IQ individuals enjoy because they don't have to do manual labor like low-status, kitchen workers such as yourself.

Oh yeah, I should go backwards in life and find a hard labor job like you so I can be just as miserable, resentful angry as you? No wonder you are not moving up in the world. That attitude will keep you there. A smart hotel cook would be moving up in the hotel hierarchy and obtaining general manager credentials. But NOOOO, you'd rather hunt for local prostitutes and stay at the bottom of where I am now sure you belong.

Typical current and future loser you are. But at least have the decency to be a good son, grandson and family member. If you really cared about them, you wouldn't have to be told to do that!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 12:53 am
You care more about your locals skanky prostitutes than you do your family. Action speaks louder than words. When Corona starts culling the elderly again in a few months, I am sure you'll choose to stay right where you are with your prostitute friends. So spare us the lie about you really caring about your family members. YOU DON'T.
More projecting... None of the girls I had or have sex with are prostitutes, or "easy girls". The last time I checked that was your predicament: you're the one paying for women. Your actions speak louder than words.
Is that your laughable rationalization? PLEASE! That means you did not try hard enough. How about arranging for a private flight? Oh, Mr. Future 5 Franchises can't afford the cost of such travel arrangements. Imagine that! When you are my age, you'll be more broke than you are now.
A private flight? Oh yes, that's something you will easily be able to afford. In fact you're still in your basement or in a motel room, hacking away on your keyboard.

My parents and elderly relatives are all fine. Of course if something dramatic, touching wood, was to happen to them, I would indeed make emergency flight arrangements, even if they ended up being much more expensive than usual. Italy is out of lockdown, as of a couple of weeks.
Both the General Manager and the CEO of your hotel chain are paper pushers too. It's a luxury that high-IQ individuals enjoy because they don't have to do manual labor like low-status, kitchen workers such as yourself.
Showing total ignorance. Everyone in my industry has to start from the kitchen, or a more lowly position. Food and hospitality is a sector that has to be known from the ground up. I am at least 4 years past doing the kind of "manual labor" you think I do. But I did, and obviously I am proud of it, as it's what makes me who I am now.
Oh yeah, I should go backwards in life and find a hard labor job like you so I can be just as miserable, resentful angry as you? No wonder you are not moving up in the world. That attitude will keep you there. A smart hotel cook would be moving up in the hotel hierarchy and obtaining general manager credentials. But NOOOO, you'd rather hunt for local prostitutes and stay at the bottom of where I am now sure you belong.

Typical current and future loser you are. But at least have the decency to be a good son, grandson and family member. If you really cared about them, you wouldn't have to be told to do that!
I have manager credentials, dumba$$. That's what a sous chef is. Exec chef and franchise manager are something that need to come at the right time, when opportunity comes. Like most upper echelon positions, it's a mix of talent and being at the right place at the same time. I don't believe I am more than a few years away from that situation. And remember that I have my family businesses in Italy I might go back to. My brother and sis in law are taking good care of it for now, so I am lucky enough to conside that a plan B.

Whatever my future, it will always be better than that of a resentful, arrogant government shill who has to resort to pimping girls half his age, at the huge risk of being beaten up or worse, just to feel - oh so! - successful.

I am sorry to say that becasue I never saw myself as a racist, but you really embody all the worst stereotypes about being a black bottom feeder...
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 1:04 am
More projecting... None of the girls I had or have sex with are prostitutes, or "easy girls". The last time I checked that was your predicament: you're the one paying for women. Your actions speak louder than words.
Really? :lol: In the Philippines? :lol: That just proves how utterly stupid you are!
hypermak wrote: A private flight? Oh yes, that's something you will easily be able to afford.
If you expect to have five times the net worth that I have at my age, you can just drop that as a goal if chartering a private aircraft is inconceivable. Any idiot (except you) knows that this is an emergency option. Oh, but the prospect of your family members dying was not important enough for you to think about this as an option. We'll see how the "second wave" of Coronavirus goes then!
hypermak wrote: My parents and elderly relatives are all fine.
SECOND WAVE IS COMING! Let's see how that goes......
hypermak wrote: Of course if something dramatic, touching wood, was to happen to them, I would indeed make emergency flight arrangements, even if they ended up being much more expensive than usual. Italy is out of lockdown, as of a couple of weeks.
No you wouldn't! And I can't even believe you are thinking about the COST of buying a ticket. Such a classy guy and loyal family member you are!
hypermak wrote: Showing total ignorance. Everyone in my industry has to start from the kitchen, or a more lowly position. Food and hospitality is a sector that has to be known from the ground up. I am at least 4 years past doing the kind of "manual labor" you think I do. But I did, and obviously I am proud of it, as it's what makes me who I am now.
Dude, you work in a friggin hotel kitchen. Stop trying to make yourself look like some advanced cook. Your job is crap almost as much as you are!
hypermak wrote: I have manager credentials, dumba$$. That's what a sous chef is. Exec chef and franchise manager are something that need to come at the right time, when opportunity comes. Like most upper echelon positions, it's a mix of talent and being at the right place at the same time. I don't believe I am more than a few years away from that situation. And remember that I have my family businesses in Italy I might go back to. My brother and sis in law are taking good care of it for now, so I am lucky enough to conside that a plan B.
Can you even READ? I said GENERAL MANAGER credentials you MORON! How many weekends are you the duty general manager in your hotel? How many months have you served as head of section outside of the food and beverage section. I can tell you that it's been never. You're too immature, unlikable, emotionally unstable, dishonest, and downright low quality. No hotel executive would ever put you in charge of a hotel after hours on on weekends. So what if you manage the amount of toilet paper to be ordered in the restaurant restrooms? That is not hotel GENERAL MANAGER-level expertise. You manage breakfast servings and nothing more. From what I see in you, that is where you belong for the long haul.

hypermak wrote: Whatever my future, it will always be better than that of a resentful, arrogant government shill who has to resort to pimping girls half his age, at the huge risk of being beaten up or worse, just to feel - oh so! - successful.
Is that some sort of a threat you're making to me? Don't go there. I know the hotel you work at (you disclosed it in an early post) so spare me the tough guy act. And as for my being a risk for being "beaten up," I've been threatened by jealous boyfriends, ex husbands, and babys' fathers overseas, but I have never had anyone ever be so stupid to lift a fist to me. I am 6'4," I work out regularly, and I am on TRT. Suffice it to say, I don't get threatened or approached in that manner and I am not so cowardly like you to let fear of what other men might think stop me from getting mine with girls. You just marked yourself as a frail punk in addition to lowly kitchen help who doesn't really care a bit about his family. :lol:
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

June 14th, 2020, 1:29 am
Really? :lol: In the Philippines? :lol: That just proves how utterly stupid you are!
Ukraine isn't exactly a first world hub either...LOL...
If you expect to have five times the net worth that I have at my age, you can just drop that as a goal if chartering a private aircraft is inconceivable. Any idiot (except you) knows that this is an emergency option. Oh, but the prospect of your family members dying was not important enough for you to think about this as an option. We'll see how the "second wave" of Coronavirus goes then!
I understand it's typically American to show off one's success and wealth by doing stupid stuff, but that is not in my book. Flights will resume to normal and I will definitely be back with my family before Christmas. Anyway, none of you business when and how I go...
SECOND WAVE IS COMING! Let's see how that goes......
Ouch, really scraping the bottom, are we? I can't go as low as you. With the kind of healthcare system you have down in the US, I can reasssure you that the chances of you going down on a second or third wave are far higher than my family's.
No you wouldn't! And I can't even believe you are thinking about the COST of buying a ticket. Such a classy guy and loyal family member you are!
Of course I am thinking about the cost. If you actually earned the money you are making, instead of receiving them for your services as a paper pusher, you would think about it, too. But of course this is all keyboard fighting. Nobody really knows if you're even able to afford a ticket to Kiev.
Dude, you work in a friggin hotel kitchen. Stop trying to make yourself look like some advanced cook. Your job is crap almost as much as you are!
Sure, yeah. Whatever fits your narrative... :D
Can you even READ? I said GENERAL MANAGER credentials you MORON! How many weekends are you the duty general manager in your hotel? How many months have you served as head of section outside of the food and beverage section. I can tell you that it's been never. You're too immature, unlikable, emotionally unstable, dishonest, and downright low quality. No hotel executive would ever put you in charge of a hotel after hours on on weekends. So what if you manage the amount of toilet paper to be ordered in the restaurant restrooms? That is not hotel GENERAL MANAGER-level expertise. You manage breakfast servings and nothing more. From what I see in you, that is where you belong for the long haul.
Why the hell I would be the GENERAL MANAGER now? I am the duty manager of a resort that has more functions besides food. I am not into the hospitality side of things, so I will probably never be a "general manager". Perhaps in your governmnent office you would get automatic career advancements, as it's quite common in Italy, too. Not all industries are the same.

Do yourself a favour and Google what a "sous chef" is and does, I don't even think it's worth consuming more keyboard time to explain it you the likes of you.

And anyway, don't you think it's a bit stupid having to bang at my profession, or what you think it is, as the only way to attack me? True, I have been calling you "paper pusher" but I am sure there are lots of decent people who are current or former government officers. You come across as a total a%%hole regardless of what you're or you've been into.
Is that some sort of a threat you're making to me? Don't go there. I know the hotel you work at (you disclosed it in an early post) so spare me the tough guy act. And as for my being a risk for being "beaten up," I've been threatened by jealous boyfriends, ex husbands, and babys' fathers overseas, but I have never had anyone ever be so stupid to lift a fist to me. I am 6'4," I work out regularly, and I am on TRT. Suffice it to say, I don't get threatened or approached in that manner and I am not so cowardly like you to let fear of what other men might think stop me from getting mine with girls. You just marked yourself as a frail punk in addition to lowly kitchen help who doesn't really care a bit about his family. :lol:
Where is the threat in my words? Says the guy who has the worm-like guts to wish evil on my elderly family... I never disclosed the hotel I work in. In fact, am I not Publicduende? You don't even know if I exist or not, right? Make up your mind. Actually, don't, it's a lot more entertaining like that! :D

You may well be 6'4" and beefed up by extra testosterone, you remain a 6'4" a$$hole who risks being beaten by a group of Ukrainian youngsters every time he makes the indecent proposal to a clueless college girl. There are much better ways to get sex from good looking girls all over the world. Being a boastful and self-righteous a$$hole, who can only flex muscles on an anonymous forum like this, is definitely not one of them.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 1:49 am
Ukraine isn't exactly a first world hub either...LOL...
Downtown Kyiv more developed and enjoyable than most Western capital cities I know. Unless you've been there, you don't know how much more advanced it is than Manila.
hypermak wrote: I understand it's typically American to show off one's success and wealth by doing stupid stuff, but that is not in my book. Flights will resume to normal and I will definitely be back with my family before Christmas. Anyway, none of you business when and how I go...
Simply living well will always be interpreted as "showing off" by the less fortunate. Such is life...... And you say that as if Italians don't so off for sport. Italy is the land of Sprezzatura you know!

hypermak wrote: With the kind of healthcare system you have down in the US, I can reassure you that the chances of you going down on a second or third wave are far higher than my family's.
Ah no. I have global heath coverage and private, boutique coverage in the USA. Neither has anything to do with the government healthcare system. You are grossly misinformed as usual!
hypermak wrote: Why the hell I would be the GENERAL MANAGER now?
We can agree on that. You're not cut out for it. But lot's of hotel CEOs and general managers began in hotel kitchens, made their way up to managing F&B, then moved on to revolving management posts around the hotel, then became nicely paid general managers.

But since you and I both agree that you are not of that caliber, there is no disagreement here.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

June 14th, 2020, 2:07 am
We can agree on that. You're not cut out for it. But lot's of hotel CEOs and general managers began in hotel kitchens, made their way up to managing F&B, then moved on to revolving management posts around the hotel, then became nicely paid general managers.

But since you and I both agree that you are not of that caliber, there is no disagreement here.
You seem to have a lot of confusion in your mind. I don't even think it matters that much but, logically and for the sake of argument, why should I aspire to be general manager or CEO of an entire F&H franchise, if that's not my career path? I enjoy designing dining experiences, that's my line of work, that's what I enjoy doing and that's what I intend to keep doing. The natural progression for people like me is to manage my own restaurant franchise. Put my name out there and make sure that patrons associate it with great dining experiences.

So, at least, I have my shot at being remembered, if not famous. That is already a measure of success, whatever money you may or may not make.

If showing off your wealth is all you can do, that's the clearest possible sign that you 1) didn't enjoy what you were doing in your line of work and 2) it's nothing memorable, or worth cherishing, in the first place. You might have joined the public service because of the job stability, the relatively high pay and the low level of intellectual effort involved. Well, good for you. But in the end, what have you got to remember, there? The fact itself you keep banging on the low quality of my work or profession and you never even try to mention something positive about your own profession, really is all we need to hear to draw a conclusion.

You are, put simply, someone who lives a "legend in his own mind" life because he really hasn't been and isn't much in real life.

So remember who you are, before you lay criticism about other people's lives and jobs.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Contrarian coward that got shaky scared off wits by stanfordguy so contrarian would never show realself stay under keyboard and next wave corona can do in the elderman steriod adict contrarian so if he disapear not because stanfordguy beat up him to lifeless pulp but because second wave coronavirus in florida do in the meanoldman egomaniac contrarian

contrarian has no single idea of hotel resort that pduende pretends work at but he is complete bs talk out ass and dumwit contrarian think pduende work chef.......pduende/hyperduende setle before one girl in philipine for marrylife buy yes maybe pduende/hyperduende feel boring one girl all time so copycat the markus zetola go play lo status povertyprovince browngirl for cheapdirtys
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 3:36 am

You seem to have a lot of confusion in your mind. I don't even think it matters that much but, logically and for the sake of argument, why should I aspire to be general manager or CEO of an entire F&H franchise, if that's not my career path? I enjoy designing dining experiences, that's my line of work, that's what I enjoy doing and that's what I intend to keep doing. The natural progression for people like me is to manage my own restaurant franchise. Put my name out there and make sure that patrons associate it with great dining experiences.

So, at least, I have my shot at being remembered, if not famous. That is already a measure of success, whatever money you may or may not make.

If showing off your wealth is all you can do, that's the clearest possible sign that you 1) didn't enjoy what you were doing in your line of work and 2) it's nothing memorable, or worth cherishing, in the first place. You might have joined the public service because of the job stability, the relatively high pay and the low level of intellectual effort involved. Well, good for you. But in the end, what have you got to remember, there? The fact itself you keep banging on the low quality of my work or profession and you never even try to mention something positive about your own profession, really is all we need to hear to draw a conclusion.

You are, put simply, someone who lives a "legend in his own mind" life because he really hasn't been and isn't much in real life.

So remember who you are, before you lay criticism about other people's lives and jobs.
Once you finish mopping the floors, get to peeling potatoes for tomorrow’s breakfast!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 3:36 am

Once you finish mopping the floors, get to peeling potatoes for tomorrow’s breakfast!

Anthony Bourdain was an Executive Chef in one on New York’s most exclusive restaurants. He quit and wrote a book about the horrible lives that are lived by those in the culinary field. There are horrible hours, substance abuse, depression, fist fights and numerous other problems in the lifestyle.

We can see some of those very issues in you. The constant toxicity and the outright hatred of seeing others doing better than yourself are telltale signs that all is not right in your world. We get it, you’re not happy in life. Make better choices and fix that deplorable attitude and you might have hope. But frankly, I don’t see that happening because you’re too far gone.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42627
Light wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 9:12 am
Thoughts? Just a coincidence or a was it a preview?

television channel CW has a show called iZombie that ended last year. Everything that has been going in Seattle parallels what went on in the show.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

June 14th, 2020, 8:22 am

Anthony Bourdain was an Executive Chef in one on New York’s most exclusive restaurants. He quit and wrote a book about the horrible lives that are lived by those in the culinary field. There are horrible hours, substance abuse, depression, fist fights and numerous other problems in the lifestyle.

We can see some of those very issues in you. The constant toxicity and the outright hatred of seeing others doing better than yourself are telltale signs that all is not right in your world. We get it, you’re not happy in life. Make better choices and fix that deplorable attitude and you might have hope. But frankly, I don’t see that happening because you’re too far gone.
Touched right on the sore spot, are you? :D

Poor Anthony Bourdain has always been a tortured soul. From what I heard from people who knew him personally, he has never been much of a culinary talent. He had always been more interested in writing and jumped on the publishing/travel journalism bandwagon as soon as he had an opportunity. The franchise he was an exec for went bankrupt a few years ago, a testimony of how "well managed" it had been.

About his book, I thought it would be obvious that he had to dramatise to the max to sell, especially in the States. Every industry has a "dark underbelly" ready to be "exposed" to make an article, a book, a documentary interesting enough.

He might have been a major TV personality and socialite, but Bourdain is definitely not representative of the profession, not even of the small world of "celebrity chefs", many of whom are not even professional chefs (Joe Bastianich was in finance, his parents were restaurateurs).

Having said that, the culinary world isn't for everyone. It's the opposite of what you chose, now I think about it. You chose to be a paper pusher for the US government because it's the best shelter for underperforming, lazy and entitled "minority hires" like you. You probably did next to nothing to deserve those promotions and that pension, but don't be fooled into thinking that this is the case everywhere.

Some people choose the hard way because they have real passion, real dreams and want to make them happen, whatever it may cost them.

The very fact you have no other arguments than pretend I am some lowly kitchen aide and mock me, of course behind a keyboard because that's the only way it works for you, really says it all about you, your past life choices and your present life choices.

Not to sound like @Cornfed, but I now tend to agree with him: you have been little more than a trained monkey for the US government, put there probably only because they didn't have enough "diversity" in their ranks. If you can so easily disrespect other people's passion and hard work, it can only mean one thing: you had none of that passion and put none of that hard work.

As I wrote on an earlier post: you are now in your mid (or late) 50s and what have you got to show? No family, no legacy, noone who even knows who you are, let alone respects and loves you. In the mind movie you run through every morning, your failures to create stable bonds with women have become a "blessing" because you managed to avoid relationships and the evil institution of marriage, which means you had even more cash to stash away or squander on testosterone shots and whores.

Your failures to interact with the real world have become a self-righteous sense of superiority. In fact, you're just lonely, isolated, even. You get endless criticism and insults even on a relatively obscure corner of the web as this forum.

You really amount to little more than nothing, and not because you are "poor" or because you pay for sex in Eastern Europe, like perhaps many. It's because you have always chosen the super-easy way, you never had to work hard for anything in your life and, apart from the government tits that will continue to feed you until death, you got nothing to show for.

What is worse, you bring this arrogant entitlement mindset with you wherever you go. Well, then, you reap what you sow.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Are you STILL expending energy on this? I must have really hurt your feelings that you are afraid to confront about yourself. Well again, Anthony Bourdain was an Executive Chef in one on New York’s most exclusive restaurants. He quit and wrote a book about the horrible lives that are lived by those in the culinary field. There are horrible hours, substance abuse, depression, fist fights and numerous other problems in the lifestyle.

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

June 14th, 2020, 9:01 pm
Are you STILL expending energy on this? I must have really hurt your feelings that you are afraid to confront about yourself. Well again, Anthony Bourdain was an Executive Chef in one on New York’s most exclusive restaurants. He quit and wrote a book about the horrible lives that are lived by those in the culinary field. There are horrible hours, substance abuse, depression, fist fights and numerous other problems in the lifestyle.

I have graced you with my opinion on Bourdain as well as what I think about you.

If you have nothing else to add, you can go back to your projections.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
June 14th, 2020, 9:20 pm
June 14th, 2020, 9:01 pm

I have graced you with my opinion on Bourdain as well as what I think about you.

If you have nothing else to add, you can go back to your projections.
Although I recognized this months ago, it's pretty clear that something's not right in your life. You're extremely angry, resentful, and you hate anything that challenges your narrow worldview. Most troubling is that you become insanely unglued at any personal criticism in the manner of a classic Cluster B personality disorder.

I hope things in your life become more bearable in the future because I can see that you are one deeply disturbed individual.

For the record, your repeated attempts to personally insult don't have the affect on me as they do you. I see right through them and what causes them. What they do show is someone who is suffering from narcissistic injury and narcissistic rage. I encourage you to Google those two concepts to learn what I have already known about you.

Good luck. You're going to need it.....
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

June 14th, 2020, 9:32 pm
Although I recognized this months ago, it's pretty clear that something's not right in your life. You're extremely angry, resentful, and you hate anything that challenges your narrow worldview. Most troubling is that you become insanely unglued at any personal criticism in the manner of a classic Cluster B personality disorder.

I hope things in your life become more bearable in the future because I can see that you are one deeply disturbed individual.

For the record, your repeated attempts to personally insult don't have the affect on me as they do you. I see right through them and what causes them. What they do show is someone who is suffering from narcissistic injury and narcissistic rage. I encourage you to Google those two concepts to learn what I have already known about you.

Good luck. You're going to need it.....
We have also learned a lot about you, and able to drawn our own conclusions which, not surprisingly, are very different from yours.

We obviously have different opinions on who is disturbed and who is not.

Once again, you seem to be fullly affected by the conditions you project on to other people. No doubt about that. You are too old to seek help, you will live and die this way and all we can do is tolerate you like the pitiful individual you are.

You are very lucky that is is an unmoderated forum as anywhere else on the Internet you and your BS would have been long kicked out.